ABSTRACT DEADLINE is 15th February 2014
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstracts can be submitted through this website exclusively. Submissions by post, e-mail or fax will NOT be accepted.
Due to the process of registration it is obligatory to register for participation before submitting the abstract(s). Payments are not required for registering for participation.
- To submit an abstract, please log in the Profile you created when registering for the Congress, using your username and password. This username and password were sent to you in an e-mail of registration confirmation.
- When you log in, please submit your Abstract on the page Abstracts. If the abstract is successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation by e-mail. In case you don’t receive the confirmation e-mail, please contact the Secretariat.
- The presenting author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat, as well as that they are informed of the status of the abstract.
- The deadline to submit your abstract will be the 15th February, 2014.
- Abstract should report on work that has NOT been previously published.
- Participant is invited to submit one abstract and present one paper in oral or poster presentation. Presenters may appear as co-authors in other abstracts.
- Be aware that only abstracts of presenting authors, who have paid the registration fee by 23rd March 2014, will be finally scheduled for presentation and included in the Book of Abstracts.
FULFILLING THE ABSTRACT FORM
- All the frames must be fulfilled with capital English letters (digits). Frames indicated with (*) have to be obligatory fulfilled. The title of the paper is limited up to 15 words in maximum. The title should be informative and as specific as possible. The title would be at the top of the abstract too.
- At least one author and one institution must be referred. Type the whole name(s) of author(s) with the given name first and the surname at the back (e.g. Michael Kafetzoglou); place an asteriks (*) after the name of the author who presents the paper. Also indicate the name of the institution the author affiliated with. (It should be identical with the name as entered on the Registration Form). It is not possible be referred more than five authors.
- You can choose only one indication for the presentation type of the paper and for the scientific field (topic) related to its content. Indicating (by clicking in) the relevant box you decide if the paper is candidate for the BaSS Award competition.
- Type abstract wholly with in the box frame provided. Type in 12 point size Times New Roman font, style "normal", with single-line spacing in the box provided. Abstract for Oral or Poster Presentation is limited up to 250 words in maximum, for Table Demonstration or Video Projection up to 200 words, for Round Table or Debates up to 500 words and for Lectures up to 300 words. Please keep these limitations for an unmolested submission of your abstract. Photocopies or facsimile transmissions are NOT acceptable.
- The structured abstract should include the background, methods and materials, results and conclusion.
- Tables, figures and graphs are not permitted.
- In case of failure to comply with the requirements, the abstract will be excluded from consideration. Reasons for rejecting the submitted papers are a) manuscripts or photocopies or facsimiles b) abstracts with more number of words than required, c) title in discordance with the content of the abstract d) work similar to another announced by the same authors e) not following the format, short introduction, purpose, method and materials, results and conclusions f) there is a mention in the abstract text about the origin and the authors g) the presenter of the paper has not register himself in the Congress and h) submission of the paper after the dead line.
- After submission, the article will be sent to experts for review. If the article is accepted, you will get a confirmation e-mail and the presenter has to pay the registration fees otherwise the paper will not be included to the program.